Buffalo Chickpea Salad
Quick and easy, delicious, plant-based, whole food dish, high in fiber and protein. Perfect substitute for tuna, egg, or ham salad. Serve on a sandwich, as a side or over a bed of greens as the main course.
- 15 ounce canned chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 14 ounces tofu, extra firm drained
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise plant-based, substitute plain yogurt or preferred salad dressing
- 1/3 cup buffalo sauce (or preferred pepper sauce)
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 Tbsp. onion powder
- 1 Tbsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 cup celery diced (optional), substitute bell pepper or other crunchy veggie
- 1/2 red onion finely chopped; substitute green onions
Drain the chick peas and the tofu. In a large bowl, use an immersion blend to mash (use a food processor or hand press with a fork if you don't have a stick blender).
Stir in the rest of the ingredients.
Want a chickpea salad with a little less spice? Try this!