Vegan Parmesan Topping
- 1 cup raw walnuts and/or almonds best if pre-soaked
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 Tbsp. + 2 tsp. Tbsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. lemon zest optional
- Place all of the ingredients in your food processor. If using a salt based lemon zest, omit the sea salt. Otherwise, grate the skin of an organic lemon with a fine grater. Word of caution: Don’t over-process as nuts will turn into a paste. Use the pulse setting at the end if you have one.
- Store in an air-tight jar in the refrigerator. Add to anything and everything.
Colleen Kachmann is a health coach, writer, teacher, yogi, mother of 4 (+3 bonus stepkids), and personal chef. She has a B.S. in education from Indiana University, and a master of science in health coaching from International Health Coach University. She also successfully completed the Women’s Functional & Integrative Medicine Professional Training Program through the Women’s Integrative Medicine Institute. Buy her book on Amazon. Find her on Twitter Pinterest Instagram YouTube Facebook