This is a super-easy, healthy, and delicious meal in minutes. Just chop, sauté, season, and enjoy! Cheers!
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 oz. organic tempeh, cubed
- 2-3 T Bragg’s liquid aminos (or gluten free/organic soy sauce)
- 1 T maple syrup (optional)
- 4 carrots, chopped
- 1 large organic zucchini, quartered and chopped
- 1 t pepper
- 3 t Italian seasoning (or blend of oregano, thyme, basil, and parsley)
- A few dashes each of cumin and turmeric
- 1 dash ginger (optional) (better yet, grate fresh!)
- 1 bunch organic rainbow chard, chopped
- 1 small head of bok choy
- 6 oz. Shiitake mushrooms, chopped
- 1 handful sprouts (grow them yourself!)
In a cast iron skillet, sauté garlic over medium heat using water and a little oil if desired (optional). Add tempeh, seasonings, carrots, zucchini, mushrooms, stems of chard and fibrous white base of bok choy. Whisk maple syrup and Bragg’s together and pour over veggies. Cook until vegetables are bright and crisp, adding a few tablespoons of water if veggies start sticking to the pan. If using a cast iron skillet, remove from heat before you think it’s done. Add the chard leaves and bok choy greens as you remove from heat and watch them brighten and soften to perfection in the residual heat of cast iron. Adjust flavor with more Bragg’s, syrup and/or seasonings to taste. Serve warm. Enjoy!